The Provincial Chapter of the St Augustine Province was celebrated on 12-16 May, 2014 at Koforidua (Ghana) attended by 29 Brothers, with 6 lay Co-workers attending certain sections. In preparation for the Chapter, a pre-Chapter assembly was held on 7-9 May in Koforidua.
The Prior General, Brother Jesús Etayo, presided at the Chapter accompanied by Brother Pascal Ahodegnon, General Councillor, and by the Secretary-General, Brother André Sène.
The Chapter moderator was Fr A. Monemor, SVD
The main agenda items transacted at the Chapter work:
- The Brothers’ spiritual and community life
- Vocations Promotion/Pastoral Care and the Formation of the Brothers
- The identity of the Co-workers, and their Formation
- The identity and mission of the Centres: their charismatic and economic sustainability
- The Centres at N’guti (Cameroon) and Nampula (Mozambique).
On May 14:
Brother Bartholomew Kamara, was elected Provincial Superior
On May 5 the following Provincial Councillors were elected:
- Bro. John OPPONG, sac.
- Bro. Michael M. KOROMA
- Bro. Etienne SÈNE
- Bro. Linus TANGU